These Rules, promulgated by MX Sports Pro Racing (“MXS”), supplement the 2017 AMA Racing Amateur Rulebook (“AMA Rulebook”), the full contents of which are incorporated herein by reference. The complete AMA Racing Amateur Rulebook is available HERE.
A. WMX Eligibility Criteria & Licensing
- Riders must be at least 16 years of age in order to compete.
- Riders will be required to be current members of the AMA.
- Advance eligibility approval is required in order to participate in the WMX Championship. Upon approval of eligibility, a WMX License will be issued. The WMX License will signify eligibility to participate in the WMX class and provides event gate admission.
- To be eligible for a WMX License a rider must meet one of the following requirements, in addition to the above criteria:
a. Held a WMX Pro Motocross license the previous year;
b. Earned Top 10 overall in the Women’s Class at the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship in either of the previous two years;
c. Earned Top 3 overall in the Girls (12-16) Class at the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship in either of the previous two years;
d. Competed in the FIM Women’s World Cup in either of the previous two years;
e. Earned a Top 5 overall in the GNCC or WORCS Premiere Women’s Class in either of the previous two years; or
f. Have a current AMA classification of “A” level.
g. Discretionary Approval: MXS may issue a license to any rider who does not meet one of the above criteria if it determines, in its sole discretion, the rider has adequate competition experience. If applying under this criteria, additional information must be submitted for approval.
- WMX-licensed riders are eligible to compete in the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship program, in accordance with that program’s supplemental rules. View AMA Amateur National Motocross Supplemental Rules HERE.
- WMX riders may not compete in the Women’s Amateur class(es) at a WMX points-paying event, with the exception of the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship and in accordance with that program’s supplemental rules.
- WMX licenses will be issued at the sole discretion of MX Sports Pro Racing.
B. Engine Displacement:
122-250cc; Min. Wheels: Front 21”, Rear 18”; Min. Wheelbase: 53”.
C. Numbers and Number Plates:
Blue plates (PMS code PROCESS); white numbers.
- National motos will consist of 40-42 riders maximum per event, depending upon number of available gate positions per track. In the event there are more than the maximum number of riders registered for an event, Qualifiers will be conducted.
- Practice will be a minimum length of 10 minutes and the format conducted at the discretion of the promoter, i.e., timed vs. untimed.
- Gate Pics: In the event of timed practice, Moto 1 gate pics will be determined by lap times; In the event of untimed practice, Moto 1 gate pics will be determined by random draw. Gate pics for Moto 2 will be based on Moto 1 results.
- Starting Blocks are permitted. Mechanics are responsible for removing the blocks from the starting line immediately after the start of the moto.
E. Race Program:
- Race format will consist of two (2) motos of 15-minutes plus one (1) lap each. The official race length will be determined once the white flag is displayed to the leader, followed by the checkered flag. Scoring will be based on a combined moto format to determine the overall winner for the event, in accordance with the AMA Racing Amateur Rulebook, i.e., the Olympic scoring system.
- RCSX race format will consist of one (1) practice session and two (2) 10-Lap motos.
- Arenacross Finals race format:
a. Qualifying will consist of two (2) 5-minute timed qualifying sessions with the first minute of the first session un-timed.
b. Racing will consist of two (2) 6-Lap heat races, one (1) 4-Lap LCQ (if applicable) and one (1) 10-Lap Main Event.
c. Gate selection for heat races will be based upon timed qualifying.
Td. he Main Event will consist of 16 riders maximum.
e. Series points and event purse will be based on the Main Event only. The purse will be $1,500.
- Purse will be $2000 per event, paid per moto as follows:
PLACE PER MOTO PLACE PER MOTO 1 $300 6 $60 2 $200 7 $50 3 $140 8 $40 4 $90 9 $30 5 $70 10 $20
- All times and lap counts are tentative and weather permitting.
F. Championship Points
- Class Championship will be determined based on series points accumulated from each moto (total of 15 motos). A rider must enter and participate in a minimum of 5 events in order to be eligible for series overall ranking. Riders will earn championship points for each race according to their respective official moto finishing positions. Points will be awarded to 20th place per moto.
- Ties: Ties for the Class Championship will be broken by the number of moto wins during the series, then if the tie remains, by the number of place finishes of 2nd, 3rd, etc., until the tie is broken. If the tie continues to remain, the final moto finish at the final race of the season will determine the champion. Ties for all other positions will be broken by the final moto finish in the final race of the season.
- Championship points will be awarded per moto based on the following points scale:
Finish Position Points Finish Position Points 1 25 11 10 2 22 12 9 3 20 13 8 4 18 14 7 5 16 15 6 6 15 16 5 7 14 17 4 8 13 18 3 9 12 19 2 10 11 20 1
Series Social Media
Copyright © 2009-2017 by MX Sports Pro Racing, Inc. Printed in the USA. No portion of these rules may be copied or used without the express written consent of MX Sports Pro Racing.